About Mrs. Kuiper

My name is Emily Kuiper and I will be your child’s first grade teacher this year at Georgetown Elementary School. This is my first year at Georgetown and I am SO excited to have the honor of teaching your son or daughter.

My puppy, Ada, and I at Hope College!

I attended Hope College in Holland, MI where I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and Special Education. I have been married for a year to my amazing husband, Dan. He is also a graduate of Hope College. This summer, we brought home a golden retriever puppy named Ada! She keeps us busy and it has been so fun watching her grow.

My husband, Dan, and I riding on the pontoon with Ada.

Last fall I had the opportunity to complete my student teaching in a first-grade classroom at Georgetown Elementary! While at Georgetown, I was given an opportunity to dive into the curriculum used by Hudsonville Public Schools. In addition, I learned lots about creating a safe, fun, and structured classroom, all of which I will make my classroom for your child this school year.

Dan and I love to hike and explore. This spring we went to Maine to celebrate our anniversary.

I cannot wait to meet you in August! We are going to have an amazing year together. In the meantime, feel free to e-mail me at emilyjanekuiper@gmail.com with any questions or concerns.